Barbados National Medical Reference Laboratory
A new $10 million public health building consolidates the HIV and TB functions of the public health labs previously located in three facilities. The first floor of the two-story building includes BSL2 and BSL3 space along with labs to accommodate the following: accessioning, PCR, immunology, flow cytometry, microbiology, media prep, parasitology, food, water and air quality, and training. The project is a joint initiative of the US Department of State (PEPFAR program), CDC and Barbados Ministry of Health.
Page/SST Planners provided lab planning services for the building which was designed by Lou Krupnick when he was with Swanke Hayden Connell Architects.
Publications + News
- 2018 Recap: Celebrating Our Work
- Wood Veneer Design is in the Details
- National Laboratory to Improve Health in the Caribbean
- Breaking Ground in Barbados
- New National Reference Lab Coming Soon